That’s a lot of competition! The landscaping industry has grown over the last five years and it is predicted to continue growing. If you own a landscaping business, this means there will likely be new competitors in your area each year, so it’s more important than ever to stay ahead of the game with digital marketing.
Not sure where to start?
We’ve compiled a list of 10 useful statistics about digital marketing for landscaping, to help you understand the market better so you can formulate a winning digital strategy!
1) According to Google, the keyword landscaping near me is the highest-searched landscaping-related keyword, with an average of 200,000 monthly searches in the US.
The takeaway: Landscaping is a high-demand industry, and customers are searching and finding local landscapers online.
2) 97% of consumers search online to find a local service.
The takeaway: Your potential customers are actively searching for landscaping services on Google. A Google My Business listing and PPC search ads are practically a necessity for your business to survive.
3) 92% of consumers visit websites when choosing a local business.
The takeaway: You gotta have a website!
4) 75% of consumers have judged a business’ credibility based on its website design.
The takeaway: Website quality matters! Your website needs to be up-to-date, fast, polished, and mobile-friendly.
5) 95% of consumers read online reviews.
The takeaway: Too many negative reviews will seriously damage your business. Be proactive about Reputation Management!
6) 89% of consumers read businesses’ responses to reviews.
The takeaway: Responding to your customers’ reviews shows that you care about customer experience, whether positive or negative.
* Note: How you respond matters. Click here for our Free Negative Review Response Guide.
7) Two-thirds of Facebook users visit a local business Page weekly.
The takeaway: These days, a social media presence is a necessity. Make sure your Facebook Page info is up-to-date, and post at least once a week.
8) Businesses that calculate ROI are 72% more likely to have a successful marketing strategy.
The takeaway: Knowing the Return on Investment of your marketing campaigns will help you make educated decisions based on data and results.
9) Less than 30% of small businesses use website analytics or call tracking, and 18% of small businesses track nothing at all.
The takeaway: Tracking your website’s traffic and conversions helps you understand what is working and what isn’t–otherwise you’re just shooting in the dark.
10) The industry average conversion rate for landscapers is 3.37% (but we get 6X this for our clients!)
The takeaway: Google Ads is competitive for landscaping, so you need the right team to manage your paid search campaigns to deliver quality leads for lower costs. (Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.)
We hope this list of statistics will help you to grow your landscaping business and stay ahead of the competition. If you need any help, give us a shout!